Project Manager Communication Specialist
The Mediterranean Institute for Nature and Anthropos (MedINA) is looking for a Project manager that will focus on communications and will help in furthering the organisation’s mission and establishing productive relationships with key stakeholders and partners. He/she will be responsible for managing MedINA’s communications and visibility needs on an organisational and project based level as well as managing and supporting other multi-partner ongoing projects. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in the communications sector or related fields and in project management as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Greek and English. Preference will be given to those who have experience and skills in the environmental field and particularly the NGO sector.
- Project management of a Mediterranean, multi-partner communications project.
- Supporting role in the management of other on-going projects.
- Establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Contribution to the design and implementation of MedINA's communication strategy.
- Content creation to support the organisation's communication needs in Greek and English and liaising with staff for soliciting content.
- Creation of communication material such as brochures, press releases, digital material etc.
- Management of MedINA's website and social media.
- Plan and organise events at local, national and international level.
- Support the development of funding and sponsorship proposals.
- Promote MedINA's presence in national and international media.
- Take minutes when requested in Greek and/or English.
- Support in administrative tasks as needed.
Education & Professional Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, social sciences, environmental field.
- At least three years of work experience in communications, preferably in the field of NGO’s on issues of nature, culture or social issues and/or proven project management experience with specialisation in communications.
- Experience in creating copy for communication material (e.g. flyer, annual report, e-newsletter), managing websites and social media.
- Experience in communicating to different internal and external audiences
- Native-level English and Greek with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Great attention to detail especially in drafting, editing and layout of communications and other materials;
- Project management and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and achieve desired results;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritise and take initiative;
- Good judgment and strategic planning skills;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient user of the MS Office suite;
- Ability to travel in Greece and abroad;
- Driving license;
- Excellent team working skills.
- Experience in handling EU or other projects communications aspects.
- Experience in designing communication strategies and campaigns.
- Experience in using image editing software.
- Knowledge of additional languages especially of the Mediterranean region (mainly French, Spanish, Arabic).
- Experience in the organisation of events/meetings for Greek and international audiences.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and cover letter.
The cover letter should not exceed one A4 page. The candidate should describe why he or she is suitable for the proposed position and interested for working in MedINA. Candidates are invited to include examples of communications work they have completed in the past, particularly written communication, or include links to on-line content.
Deadline for submission of applications: 22/12/2018
For more information on MedINA, please visit www.med-ina.org